Job Seeker FAQ
1. What is L.K. Jordan & Associates?
L.K. Jordan is a staffing and job placement service that helps job seekers by simplifying and facilitating the frustrating task of finding a new job. Temporary placement can help job seekers make valuable connections in a variety of companies and a large percentage of temporary assignments convert into direct employment with our clients.
2. Does it cost me anything to use the services offered by L.K. Jordan?
No. There is no charge to job seekers for our services.
3. What types of employment does L.K. Jordan provide?
L.K. Jordan offers temporary assignments, temporary-to-hire placement, contract work and direct-hire placement.
4. How do I schedule an interview?
now or Contact
the branch nearest to you to schedule an interview with one of our staffing consultants.
5. What should I do before I come in for my first interview with my staffing consultant?
Update and upload
your resume, bring two forms of identification
, dress for success, review some
common interview questions
, clarify your personal career goals, and come in prepared for new opportunities.
6. What will happen during my first visit to L.K. Jordan?
We will perform a background check and social security number verification, and we will enter your information into our candidate database. Some companies require skills testing can also be completed at our offices and you will have a face-to-face interview with one of our experienced Staffing Representatives.
7. Will I have to take a drug test?
Possibly. Always be prepared.
8. What should I bring for my first visit to L.K. Jordan?
All job seekers should bring two current forms of ID, preferably a drivers license and social security card or passport. See this list of approved IDs. Job Seekers who have work-related credentials should bring those in as well (transcripts, badges, certifications, licenses, etc.)
To set up payroll for your new job, candidates who choose the Direct Deposit method of payment should bring a voided check or bank letter that includes both your routing number and account number on your bank's letterhead.
If you have not already uploaded or e-mailed a Word format resume, bring a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae.
9. Why should I use L.K. Jordan?
offers many services to job seekers such as:
- Resume Help - We review your resume and advise you for an informational and effective representation of your work experience and career goals.
- Customer Feedback - L.K. Jordan acts as an intermediary between the client company and the candidate; we speak to both sides of the job agreement and often can give the candidate valuable feedback.
- Interview Preparation - Once an interview has been scheduled, the consultant will discuss the position with you and offer guidance.
- Reputation - L.K. Jordan has a reputation for successful placement and good relations with both employers and job seekers.
10. My resume and application are on file. What should I do to increase my chances of being placed?
Call the availability line
for your branch and check-in as available on a weekly basis. This is one of our first resources for urgent job orders because we know that job seekers who have called into this line are immediately ready to work.
11. I have a question not listed here. How do I contact a L.K. Jordan representative?
Call 800-460-3392 for more information.
1. How does L.K. Jordan provide the best candidates to Employers?
L.K. Jordan provides the best candidate by pre-screening, and skills-testing job seekers to find the best fit for each job. We have candidates are experienced in a variety of industries and are immediately available. All of our candidates are guaranteed by L.K. Jordan and are authorized to work in the United States.
2. What sourcing techniques does L.K. Jordan use?
L.K. Jordan uses a wide variety of sourcing techniques such as recruiting from colleges, universities, and job fairs. We also recruit from reputable online services, from social media sources, as well as from our current database of high-quality candidates. We also utilize referrals from our current employees and direct recruiting to find the best person for every job.
3. What types of background and other screening does L.K. Jordan provide?
L.K. Jordan conducts E-Verify Social Security verification on every applicant.
We provide in-house 5-panel drug screens free of charge upon request. Fees for third-party or higher panel screens are passed through at cost.
We also conduct online background database searches, which can include driving records, previous employment, criminal and sex offender records.
4. Does L.K. Jordan do skills testing on-site?
Yes, we administer Kenexa testing in our offices for a wide variety of skills. We are happy to share the test results with our clients upon request.
5. I have a question not listed here. How do I contact a L.K. Jordan representative?
Call 800-460-3392 for more information.